Capellic is looking for a professional, highly self motivated Senior Drupal Website Developer with substantial experience building and managing complicated Drupal websites. This is a full-time, remote position.
Candidates must be capable of working independently/remotely, have good communication skills, and play well with others, including developers, consultants, and clients. They must also do what it takes to get the job done well and on time. Candidates will be expected to bring creative solutions to the table, so that we can deliver the best websites and services to our clients.
Capellic is a growing digital agency with staff dedicated to making the world a better place. We do this by working exclusively with national and international nonprofits. Clients include ASPCA, UNICEF Canada, Ohio Legal Help, Lambda Legal, Climate Reality Project, and many more. We offer competitive compensation packages and a flexible work environment. We believe strongly in building a culture built on respect, hard work, and diversity in thought and approaches to problem solving.
The Capellic team works remotely and will continue to work remotely after COVID stay at home orders are behind us. While we all love it, it does require that any new team member is able to provide their own workspace suitable for video conferences with clients (and each other), with minimal distractions. It also requires that all candidates should have excellent time management skills.
- At least 6 years of Drupal experience most of which spent with Drupal 8.x/9.x.
- Experience with object oriented PHP in addition to Drupal’s traditional hook system
- Experience working with Drupal’s Symfony layer
- Custom module development
- Custom API development
- Ability to think creatively and pragmatically when solving technical problems
- Experience with advanced Webform configuration
- Formstack integration experience with Webform
- Twilio integration with Drupal
- Git branch management experience
- Experience with Pantheon hosting and continuous integration workflows including Circle CI
- Experience with Lando local development tool
- Writing and running automated tests using Behat
- Experience with XDebug for debugging code
- Experience with phpStorm or comparable IDE
- Experience with Jira or comparable ticket management system
- Active participation in the Drupal or other FOSS community (attendance, presentations, organization, code commits, issue queue participation)
- Drupal performance optimization (New Relic, Google PageSpeed, cache optimization)
- Communicative – You’ll be part of a small, distributed team so communication is critical. We’re looking for developers that proactively share status information and know when to ask for help
- Initiative – Identify, surface and suggest solutions for problems and opportunities
- Quality – Your code is organized, efficiently created, doesn’t cut design corners, and commented and formatted per Drupal’s coding standards. Work from and implement business requirements articulated in a technical specification.
- Creative Team Player – Proactively make suggestions on how to do something better and generally engages in discussions about best practices
- Concise Documentation – You create enough documentation to be clear, but not so much that it never gets read
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Must have workspace that allows applicant to be effective/focused and suitable for client-facing video conferences
The yearly salary range for this position is $100,000 – $115,000
Benefits for this position include health insurance, a 401(k), 4 self directed hours per month for pursuing developer-related interests, and an allowance for conferences and training.
Candidates must be located within the United States. No
How to Apply
Want to join our team? Please email the following to email@example.com. Please provide the following information:
- Example websites that you have worked on and your role on the project
- A Drupal, developer or life experience that distinguishes you as a team member
- Why you want to work for Capellic
- Which nonprofits are most important to you
- Favorite ice cream flavor
- Anything that you would like for us to know about your technical skills and/or professionalism
In addition to submitting the above via email, please complete the online skills survey