Capellic is looking for a professional, highly self motivated Drupal Website Developer with a minimum of two years of experience building and managing large Drupal websites. Candidates must be located in Austin, San Diego, or Los Angeles. This is a full-time, six month contract with the possibility of joining the team permanently at the end of that time period.
Candidates must be capable of working independently/remotely, have good communication skills, play well with others, including developers, consultants, and clients. They must also do what it takes to get the job done well and on time. Candidates will be expected to bring creative solutions to the table, so that we can deliver the best websites and services to our clients.
Capellic is a growing digital agency with staff dedicated to making the world a better place. We do this by working exclusively with national and international nonprofits. Clients include ASPCA, UNICEF Canada, Ohio Legal Help, Lambda Legal, Climate Reality Project and World Animal Protection. We offer competitive compensation packages and a flexible work environment. We believe strongly in building a culture built on respect, hard work, and diversity in thought and approaches to problem solving.
The Capellic team works remotely and will continue to work remotely after COVID stay at home orders are behind us. While we all love it, it does require that any new team member is able to provide their own workspace suitable for video conferences with clients (and each other), with minimal distractions. It also requires that all candidates should have excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Drupal 7.x and Drupal 8.x.
- Some custom module development and an understanding of the Drupal hook system.
- Drupal module and security updates
- Paragraphs module
- Familiarity with a Git based workflow for Drupal, using Features (Drupal 7) and Configuration Management (Drupal 8) and experience with Dev/Stage/Prod workflow.
- Experience with Pantheon hosting and continuous integration workflows including Circle CI
- Experience with Lando local development tool
- Writing and running automated tests (Behat)
- Data migration into Drupal or between Drupal versions
- Active participation in the Drupal community (attendance, presentations, organization)
- Drupal performance optimization (New Relic, Google PageSpeed, cache optimization)
- Communicative – You’ll be part of a small, distributed team so communication is critical. We’re looking for developers that proactively share status information and know when to ask for help
- Quality – Your code is organized, efficiently created, doesn’t cut design corners, and commented and formatted per Drupal’s coding standards. Work from and implement business requirements articulated in a technical specification.
- Creative Team Player – Proactively make suggestions on how to do something better and generally engages in discussions about best practices
- Concise Documentation – You create enough documentation to be clear, but not so much that it never gets read
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Must have workspace that allows applicant to be effective/focused and suitable for client-facing video conferences
The yearly salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000
Benefits for this position include health insurance, a 401(k), and an allowance for conferences and training.
Candidates must be located in San Diego, Austin, or Los Angeles.
How to Apply
Want to join our team? Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information:
- Example websites that you have worked on and your role on the project
- Code examples, modules/themes you have built or use regularly or anything that provides for a good starting point in the conversation about your experience and development perspective.
- A Drupal, developer or life experience that distinguishes you as a team member
- Anything that you would like for us to know about your technical skills and/or professionalism
- Why you want to work for Capellic
- Which nonprofits are most important to you
- Favorite ice cream flavor
- Salary requirements