Capellic is looking for a professional, highly self motivated Junior Project Manager ideally with experience building large websites and providing ongoing support. Candidates must be located in San Diego, Los Angeles, Austin or New York City. Candidates must be capable of working independently/remotely, have good communications skills, play well with others, including developers, consultants, and clients. They must also do what it takes to get the job done well and on time. Candidates will be expected to bring creative solutions to the table, so that we can deliver the best websites and services to our clients.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various digital projects, including site launches, online tools, and web applications.
Capellic is a growing digital agency with staff dedicated to making the world a better place. We do this by working exclusively with national and international nonprofits. We offer competitive compensation packages and a flexible work environment. We believe strongly in building a culture built on respect, hard work, and diversity in thought and approaches to problem solving.
The Capellic team works remotely and will continue to work remotely after COVID stay at home orders are behind us. While we all love it, it does require that any new team member is able to provide their own workspace suitable for video conferences with clients (and each other), with minimal distractions. It also requires that all candidates should have excellent time management skills.
Ultimately, you should be able to manage and deliver our projects’ digital lifecycle within quality, time and budget requirements.
Required Qualifications & Duties
All candidates must be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
- Must have 1-3 years of project management experience managing web-related projects.
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Must have workspace that allows applicant to be effective/focused and suitable for client-facing video conferences
- Able to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate problems and recommended solutions to management as needed
- Ability to identify project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Capture meeting minutes, outcomes, and action items
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Use and continually develop leadership and communication skills
- Ability to attend conferences and training (post COVID) as required to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Experience with direct client communication
- Familiarity with Agile project methodology
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira
- Familiarity with open source content management systems; familiarity with Drupal even better
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $55,000
Benefits for this position include health insurance, a 401(k), and an allowance for conferences and training.
Candidates ideally located in San Diego, but Austin, Los Angeles, and New York also possible.
Want to join our team? Please email your resume, public LinkedIn page (if you have one), and a cover letter about why you want to work for Capellic, which nonprofits are most important to you, your favorite flavor of ice cream, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period ends on July 31, 2020 by midnight.