Capellic is a growing digital agency working with some of North America’s biggest nonprofits. We work with great organizations making the world a better place. We offer competitive compensation packages and a flexible work environment. At Capellic we believe strongly in building a culture built on respect, hard work, and diversity in thought and approaches to problem solving.
Capellic is looking for a professional, highly self motivated, freelance/consultant engineer with experience building large Drupal websites. Candidates must be capable of working independently/remotely, have good communications skills, play well with other developers and clients, and do what it takes to get the job well on time. Candidates will be expected to bring creative solutions to the table so that we can deliver the best websites and service to our clients.
NOTE: This is a freelance position with the potential of full time employment. Please no agencies or businesses.
New York City and San Diego metro area based developers highly desired, but San Francisco and Austin also OK.
- Deep experience with Drupal 7.x.
- Module installation, configuration
- Panels and Views configuration
- Form API
- Hook system
- Custom module development. Given our architectural approach, we build and manage several custom modules that provide content to the interface. Functionality often includes:
- Data retrieval (EntityFieldQuery or db_select)
- Third party CRM integration (Convio, Salsa, MailChimp, etc)
- Durable copy forms (variable management)
- Front-end development
- SASS/CSS (employ cascading qualities of CSS to reduce code duplication)
- Responsive/mobile first
- PHPTemplate (preprocess hooks, template files, view modes)
- Foundation Grid
- Experience creating and maintaining a structured content architecture using fields and entities such as Field Collection, Paragraphs and/or Entity Construction Kit.
- Ability to configure and maintain local development stack including Acquia DevDesktop, MAMP, MySQL, Compass, SASS.
- Experience with continuous integration workflows (local, dev, stage, prod) using Git (branching, merging, general management)
- Drupal security updates
- Paragraphs module
- Field Collection module
- Experience with Acquia and Pantheon hosting and continuous integration workflows
- Experience with deployment scripts
- Data migration into Drupal or between Drupal versions
- Familiarity integrating sites with Varnish, cache in general, especially cache invalidation
- Facebook Instant Articles/Google AMP
- Solr Search (Search API module, Apache Solr Search module, Acquia Search module, directly querying a Solr index in code)
- Active participation in the Drupal community (attendance, presentations, organization)
- Drupal 8 / Twig
- Experience enabling Schema.org RDF on websites
- Drupal performance optimization (New Relic)
- Experience building multilingual websites (POT and PO files)
- Automated testing
- Communicative – You’ll be part of a small team so communication is critical. We’re looking for developers that proactively share status information and know when to ask for help
- Quality – Your code is organized, efficiently created, doesn’t cut design corners, and commented and formatted per Drupal’s coding standards.
- Creative Team Player – Proactively make suggestions on how to do something better and generally engages in discussions about best practices
- Concise Documentation – You create enough documentation to be clear, but not so much that it never gets read
Please provide the following information:
- Websites you have built and your role on the project
- Code examples
- Modules/themes you have built or use regularly
- Compensation based on experience and salary history. This is a contract position with the possibility of full time employment.
New York City or San Diego metro area based developers highly desired.
To apply, send resume and examples of your work to email@example.com.