Capellic is looking for a professional, highly self motivated, web developer with at least two years of experience building and managing Drupal websites. Candidates must be capable of working independently, have good communications skills, play well with other developers and clients, and do what it takes to get the job done well and on time. Candidates will be expected to bring creative solutions to the table so that we can deliver the best websites and service to our clients.
Capellic is a growing digital agency working with some of North America’s biggest nonprofits. We work with great organizations making the world a better place. We offer competitive compensation packages and a flexible work environment. At Capellic we believe strongly in building a culture built on respect, hard work, and diversity in thought and approaches to problem solving.
The Capellic team works remotely. While we all love it, it does require that any new team member is able to provide their own workspaces suitable for video conferences with clients (and each other) and has minimal distractions. It also requires that all candidates should have excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Drupal 7.x and Drupal 8.x.
- Some custom module development and an understanding of the Drupal hook system.
- Familiarity with Form API.
- Drupal module and security updates.
- Commerce 1 and/or 2.
- Paragraphs module.
- Experience with Pantheon hosting and continuous integration workflows including Circle CI.
- Familiarity with a Git based workflow for Drupal, using Features (Drupal 7) and Configuration Management (Drupal 8) and experience with Dev/Stage/Prod workflow.
- Writing and running automated tests (Behat).
- Experience with Lando local development tool.
- Data migration into Drupal or between Drupal versions.
- Active participation in the Drupal community (attendance, presentations, organization).
- Drupal performance optimization (New Relic, Google PageSpeed, cache optimization).
- Familiarity with performance optimization tools such as New Relic.
- Familiarity with atomic design systems such as PatternLab.
- Communicative – You’ll be part of a small, distributed team so communication is critical. We’re looking for developers that proactively share status information and know when to ask for help.
- Quality – Your code is organized, efficiently created, doesn’t cut design corners, and commented and formatted per Drupal’s coding standards. Work from and implement business requirements articulated in a technical specification.
- Creative Team Player – Proactively make suggestions on how to do something better and generally engages in discussions about best practices.
- Concise Documentation – You create enough documentation to be clear, but not so much that it never gets read.
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Must have workspace that allows applicant to be effective/focused and suitable for client-facing video conferences.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 21 days PTO per year.
- Healthcare available after three months.
Austin, New York City and San Diego metro area based developers highly desired. Los Angeles also possible. You must reside within the United States.
How to Apply
Please provide the following information:
- Example websites that you have worked on and your role on the project.
- Code examples, modules/themes you have built or use regularly or anything that provides for a good starting point in the conversation about your experience and development perspective.
- A Drupal, developer or life experience that distinguishes you as a team member.
- Anything that you would like for us to know about your technical skills and/or professionalism.
Submit materials to email@example.com.